- Workflow Conductor 1.0 and higher
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SharePoint Foundaton 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010
There are two ways to remove a workflow from the list of available workflows for a list or library:
Disable the workflow
Disabling a workflow allows instances of the workflow that are already running to finish, but prevents users from starting new instances. The workflow is no longer in the list of available workflows, but is still associated to the list. To disable a workflow:
- SharePoint 2007: Go to Settings > List Settings (or Settings > Library Settings) in the list or library of the associated workflow.
SharePoint 2010: Click the List Settings or Library Settings button in the List or Library tab of the Tools ribbon.
- In the Permissions and Management section, click Workflow settings.
- In the Workflow settings page, click Remove a workflow.
- Locate the workflow you want to disable in the workflow list, choose the No New Instances radio button, and then click OK.
After a workflow is disabled, you can still view the history of previous instances of the workflow in the Conductor Workflow Status page by selecting the Workflow Status option from the list item drop-down menu. To enable the workflow again, return to the Remove a workflow page and choose the Allow radio button.
Delete the workflow association
Deleting a workflow association terminates any running instances of the workflow and removes the workflow from the list of workflows associated with the list or library. To delete a workflow association:
- SharePoint 2007: Go to Settings > Associated Workflows in the list or library.
SharePoint 2010: Click the Associated Workflows button in the List or Library tab of the Tools ribbon.
- Locate the workflow you want to delete in the workflow list and click the
Note: A workflow association can also be deleted from the Remove a workflow page by choosing the Remove radio button.
After a workflow association is deleted, the workflow history is no longer available in the Conductor Workflow Status page.
Workflow solutions and Simple Publishing workflows published to the site or site
collection can be associated to the list again later. See Bamboo Knowledge Base article KB.12427 - HOWTO: Add an existing workflow to another list or library for more information.
Simple Publishing workflows published to the list are permanently deleted and
must be republished if you want to associate them to the list again.
To completely remove a workflow from a site, site collection or Web application, see Bamboo Knowledge Base article KB.12460 - HOWTO: Remove a
workflow solution from a site or Web application or KB.12689 - HOWTO: Remove
a Simple Publishing workflow from a list, site or site collection.