This article outlines how to migrate Bamboo products from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016.
NOTE: Before following the instructions in this article, review the spreadsheet in the Article Attachments section at the bottom of the page to see if your product can be upgraded using one of the methods below. The spreadsheet will also list limitations and additional steps required for each product.
Bamboo Solutions supports the database-attach upgrade method for upgrading to SharePoint 2016. The migration of Bamboo products deployed on SharePoint 2010 environments to SharePoint 2016 Farms is not supported. Bamboo also does not support the downgrade of SharePoint editions.
- Follow Microsoft’s Upgrade databases from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 article to perform the database-attach upgrade.
- During the upgrade process, retrieve the SharePoint 2016 installation package and license keys for the Bamboo products you are migrating. See the article Migrate My Existing Bamboo Product License Key From SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 for additional details.
- After successfully upgrading to SharePoint 2016, run the SharePoint 2016 Bamboo product installation package that was downloaded in Step 2. During the installation, under Deployment Targets, select the appropriate Web applications where the Bamboo product is deployed. For more information about installation, refer to Best Practices for Installing Bamboo Products.
- Install the Bamboo Web License Manager provided in the same installation package.
NOTE: The Bamboo Web License Manager only has to be installed once. Skip this step for subsequent Bamboo product installations.
- Activate the SharePoint 2016 versions of Bamboo products by following the article Install and Activate a License for Bamboo Products in SharePoint 2016.
- Refer to the document attached to this article, found below, titled: Migration of Bamboo Products from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 for additional steps that may be required for the specific Bamboo product you are installing. Products that have the status Under Review in the column Successful Migration to SharePoint 2016 are currently are being reviewed for migration support.