Delegate user management
capabilities to specific users, so they can view
users, change passwords, create and manage users and groups,
and edit AD profiles, all within a predefined OU, using a simple,
centralized user interface.
Managing a large number of
users and multiple groups within an Organization
Unit (OU) can be difficult in SharePoint, and
usually requires heavy IT involvement. Wouldn't it
be nice if you could allow managers to create
and remove their own users, reset passwords, and
change group settings using a simple, centralized
interface? User Manager for Sites lets you do
just that. You can define which specific users
within your organization can modify user information, and
which Organizational Unit (OU) they can affect. You
can even exclude specific accounts from being
accessed by the product. User Manager for Sites
provides you with the flexibility to decide who
can manage users, and which users they can manage.
User Manager for Sites provides
administrators or specific users with access to a simple,
SharePoint-based application that lets them maintain and organize
user access security information for Sites in a Site Collection.
Managers can create, modify, or remove both users and groups from a
single interface. Multiple default views allow managers to handle
large numbers of users easily. Create users with multiple group
access instead of having to do it one group at a time.
Bamboo's User Manager for Sites is a single Web Part that allows SharePoint Administrators to delegate user administration to Site Administrators. Designated Site Administrators can create, modify and delete users, create and delete groups, remove users from multiple groups at one time, e-mail a user or a group, and reset user passwords. SharePoint Administrators can configure the Web Part to also restrict where users are created in Active Directory.
To use the Bamboo User Manager for Sites:
1. Just install the User Manager for Sites on your SharePoint server as you would any other Web Part.
2. Add the Web Part to any page in your Site Collection. You can manage users in all site collection sites from any site within the Site Collection.
3. Access the tool pane for this Web Part and configure it for use with Active Directory and SharePoint or just Active Directory. You can also set the SharePoint group who is authorized to access and perform actions in this Web Part.
4. Site Collection Administrators can also configure a few settings from the Web Part itself, including your e-mail settings, excluded users, Active Directory properties to be included during new account setup, and selecting which Active Directory properties you want to show in the user's profile. Once these settings are configured once, they are global for all User Manager for Sites Web Parts within a Site Collection.
5. If you want to have User Manager for Sites on more than one site in the same Site Collection, you can configure the Web Part to create users in a different OU in the same domain, but the Settings options accessed from the Web Part itself are global to the Site Collection itself. So the Settings options only need to be configured once for all User Manager for Sites Web Parts added to sites in a Site Collection.
6. Send a group e-mail to your authorized access user group to let them know they can start managing their users right away and where the Web Part is located.
*Note: Bamboo products are not supported in an IIS Web garden configuration.
Release Notes for
Release Notes for