This article contains the following sections:
OverviewBamboo products have a series of releases throughout the year. To understand more of the type of releases available, see the Bamboo Solutions Upgrade Policy. The following article outlines how to locate the version of the products currently installed in your SharePoint Farm. Once you have located the version of the Bamboo product currently installed, go to the product's release notes to see if it is most current release.
SharePoint 2013 Version Numbers
If you are running SharePoint 2013 (SharePoint Foundation 2013 or SharePoint Server 2013), the Major Release digit of the installed product's file version includes a zero (0) in the digit--for example, 10.1.0.0. To match your current installed product with the release notes, remove the first zero (0). The end result is 18.104.22.168. It also contains 2013 at the end of the file version. For example, 22.214.171.1243.
SharePoint 2010 Version NumbersIf you are running SharePoint 2010 (SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint Server 2010), the Major Release digit of the installed product's file version includes a zero (0) in the digit--for example, 10.1.0.0. To match your current installed product with the release notes, remove the first zero (0). The end result is 126.96.36.199.
How to Locate the Product Version for SharePoint Project Management Central
To locate the file versions of the products contained in PM Central:
Note: Please read the section regarding SharePoint 2010 Version Numbers to determine the release version for servers running SharePoint 2010.
- Navigate to the portfolio site's Settings tab.
- Select Product Version. A list of the products and their file versions is displayed. The version number that is displayed next to the Bamboo.ProjectCentral.dll corresponds with the release version of Project Management Central that is installed on your server.
How to Locate the Product Version for Workflow ConductorTo locate the file version for Workflow Conductor:
Navigate to the Workflow Conductor Control Panel section of SharePoint Central Administration.
About Workflow Conductor.
Locate the File Version number, which is the same for each Assembly Name.
How to Locate the Product Version for Bamboo Web Parts
- Navigate to the SharePoint page where the Web Part is deployed.
- Access the Web Part's configuration tool pane.
- Locate the File Version number in the About Web Part section for the first item listed. This is the current product version installed.
How to Locate the Product Version for Other Web-Based Products
- On one of the Web front-end servers in the SharePoint Farm, open Run command. Open %systemroot%\assembly.
- Locate the product assembly, commonly listed as Bamboo.[ProductName].
- Right click on the assembly and select Properties.
- Select the Version tab to view detailed version information about the assembly. Within the listing is an attribute labeled File Version. This is the current product version installed.
How to Locate the Product Version for Bamboo Desktop Products
- On the computer running the Bamboo desktop product, open Run command and open %programfiles%\Bamboo Solutions Corporation.
- Open the appropriate product's folder and locate the product EXE.
- Right-click on the EXE and select Properties.
- Open the Details tab and locate File Version. This is the version of the product currently installed.