- All Bamboo Products
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010
I have installed the Bamboo Web License Manager component from the product installation package, but when I go to SharePoint 2010 Central Administration to activate the Bamboo product license, I do not see the Manage My License Keys link.
The Manage My License Keys link is only displayed if the Bamboo Web License Manager Web application feature has been activated. During the installation of the Bamboo Web License Manager, on the Deployment Targets step, the option to Automatically activate features is enabled by default.
If this checkbox is deselected, the Bamboo Web License Manager feature is not activated after it is installed.
Manually activate the Bamboo Web License Manager by following these steps:
- Open SharePoint 2010 Central Administration as a member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group.
- On the Central Administration home page, select Manage web applications in the Application Management section.
- In the Web Applications Management page, click the Web application SharePoint Central Administration v4.
- Notice that the ribbon updates and new options are enabled in the Web Applications tab. Click the option Manage Features.
- Locate Bamboo Web License Manager and click Activate.
If manual activation does not resolve the issue, you can uninstall and reinstall the Bamboo Web License Manager on the server running Central Administration by following these instructions.
- Run the Setup program for any Bamboo product.
- Click the Bamboo Web License Manager component and click Install
- When prompted, select the Remove All option.
- After removing the Bamboo Web License Manager, return to the Setup program and run the installer again. On the Deployment Targets step, confirm that the Automatically activate features option is enabled.
After you activate the Bamboo Web License Manager feature, follow the steps described in KB.12498 HOWTO: Install and Activate a License for Bamboo Products in SharePoint 2010 to activate your Bamboo products.