- Workflow Conductor 1.0 and higher
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010
When you deploy a workflow from Workflow Conductor Studio, the workflow can be automatically associated with the list or library where you launched Conductor Studio. Depending on how the workflow was deployed, you may also be able to associate it to other lists and libraries after deployment. The following deployment options in Conductor Studio allow you to reuse the same workflow for other lists and libraries:
- Publish > Deploy (Solution Deployment)
- Publish > Publish to Site (Simple Publishing - SharePoint 2010 only)
- Publish > Publish to Site Collection (Simple Publishing - SharePoint 2010 only)
For more information about workflow deployment options, read the Workflow Conductor Online Documentation section About Workflow Deployment.
To add an existing workflow to another list or library, follow these steps:
- SharePoint 2007: In the list or library, click the Settings menu, and then click Document Library Settings.
SharePoint 2010: Click the List Settings or Library Settings button in the List or Library tab of the Tools ribbon.
- In the Permissions and Management section, click Workflow settings.
- In the Change Workflow Settings page, click Add a workflow. Note: If you have never previously added a workflow to this list or library, you will bypass this screen.
- Select the workflow from the Workflow list. Workflow solutions and workflows published to the site or site collection will be available.
- Give the workflow a name unique to this list (this does not have to match the workflow name), select the Task and History lists the workflow will use, define your desired Start Options, and click OK.
Your workflow is now associated to the current list or library and is listed as an available workflow for list items.