- All Bamboo products that deploy to SharePoint
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
If your SharePoint server does not have Internet access, you can still activate your Bamboo Solutions product using Bamboo Web License Manager. Follow the instructions below to activate your license offline in My Bamboo.
- Open SharePoint 2007 Central Administration and click the Operations tab. In the Bamboo Solutions Corporation section, click Bamboo Web License Manager.
- In the Bamboo Web License Manager page, expand the appropriate section and click the link for the Bamboo product you purchased.
- To access the License Activation page for a product use one of the following methods:
- Click on the product name to access the Status page and then click on the Status hyperlink:
- In the context menu next to the product name, select Activate/Deactivate to access the Activation page directly:
- In the Activation page, enter the License Key, select the option to Activate Offline, and then click the Activate button. You will be presented with a License Key and Machine Key. Leave the Offline Activate page up or copy the two keys—you will need them in the next steps.
- On a computer with Internet access, log in to My Bamboo with the account you created when you purchased the product. In the My Orders tab, click Manage License.
- In the Activate Your License tool, enter the License Key and Machine Key from the Offline Activate page on your server. Click the Generate button to get an activation key. Copy this key—you will need it in the next step.
Note: If you are unable to successfully generate an activation key, follow these instructions to create a support ticket in My Bamboo.
- Navigate to the My Support page in My Bamboo.
- On the My Support page, locate the product you are trying to activate and click the New Ticket hyperlink on the same line.
- In the Description field, enter the License Key and Machine Key from the Offline Activation page and any error messages you saw when attempting to activate.
- Return to the Bamboo Web License Manager Offline Activation page. Enter the activation key from My Bamboo (or Bamboo Support) in the Activation Key boxes, and then click Activate.
Your Bamboo product has now been activated and is ready for use.
Optional: Choosing License Servers
Bamboo products are deployed to all servers in the farm running the SharePoint 2007 Windows SharePoint Services Web Application service, which may include servers that do not serve Web content. Only servers that serve Web content and have Bamboo products installed need a license key, but all servers will appear on the Web License Manager Status and Activation pages. If you would like to select only Web front-end servers to be displayed in Web License Manager, click the Choose License Server(s) link on the Bamboo Web License Manager main page. This step is optional, but makes it easier for SharePoint administrators to see which servers in the farm need a license key.